Susan Gilbert, Gregory E. Kaebnick, and Thomas H. Murray, eds., Animal Research Ethics: Evolving Views and Practices, Hastings Center Special Report 42, no. 6 (2012): S1–S40.
The complete report is available for free online. The links below will take you to HTML versions of the commentaries. PDF versions are available for download here.
Table of Contents
Utility and Morality: Contemporary Tradeoffs
- The Moral Status of Invasive Animal Research
- Using Monkeys to Understand and Cure Parkinson’s Disease
D. Eugene Redmond, Jr.
- The Utility of Basic Animal Research
Alternative Approaches: Seeds of Change
- Accept no Substitutes: The Ethics of Alternatives
- Training the Next Generation
- No Animals Harmed: Toward a Paradigm Shift in Toxicity Testing